Flying Over Christmas Morning

His entrance,
too bright
in my window.
And holding.

Β

18 Comments

1. @Amy, thanks. The changes in elevation just sort of fell into place, unplanned, as the plane was rising. I like when little details come together like that. πŸ™‚

2. Amy Sullivan says:

I love how you described the climb, very creative, Brock.

3. @Ann, no doubt about those angels in the Midwest. There’s a reason it always feels like a homecoming. πŸ™‚

4. Ann Kroeker says:

Saying farewell to the patchwork quilt of the Midwest’s tiny farms and smoke-settled ravines? I like to imagine angels active here. πŸ™‚

5. @STC (Bradley), thanks for the comment!

6. Very cool. Ascending. Love the ending line. And also, the “angels blowing smoke”… Nice!

7. @lori, thanks for leaving a comment and for stopping by Lifesummit!

8. lori says:

Very beautiful. I especially like: Angels blow smoke over the hills… I look forward to perusing as this is my first time here πŸ™‚

9. @Dustus, thank you. Was a very smooth flight with lots to ponder. :)@Brian, made me laugh with your comment. πŸ™‚ Fortunately this flight was smooth sailing.@Hope, thank you!@Glynn, appreciate that. It was cool to see the ground fog slowly change to carpet with the onset of clouds.@Desert Rose, me too. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the comment.@Eric, thanks!@Monkey Man, thank you for visiting Lifesummit!@Steve, really appreciate it and glad it flowed well during your read.@Carrie, thank you and I appreciate the comment!

10. Carrie Burtt says:

The window view is always amazing…you have captured that well! πŸ™‚

11. Steve Isaak says:

Good imagery, great line breaks/flow.

12. Monkey Man says:

The eagle’s perspective. Nice.Fate created my One Shot.

13. Eric Alder says:

I high-flying One Shot, Brock!

14. Desert Rose says:

one of the reasons i enjoy flightsin daytime or dawn, sitting by the window to play with the fluffy clouds in my mind..love it!

15. Glynn says:

Things become clearer with distance – and angelic smoke covers all. Good poem, Brock.

16. Hope says:

imagery is awesome! I like this very muchgreat write!

17. Brian Miller says:

nice write…beautiful description…and any flight i can walk away from is a good one…smiles.

18. dustus says:

Enjoyed very much how you paint the ascent into the clouds through your words—smooth flight.